Ha, this is my first video=) Recipe is provided below!
What: Here is an introduction about the ingredients we will use. Watch me share with you some health benefits!
How: 6 to 8 servings
2 carrot, chopped (may also use beet root)
3 fresh tomato, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 bay leaves, dried
1/2 tsp dried thyme
a handful fresh cilantro, for decoration
oxtail pieces 2 pounds
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
6 oz organic tomato paste
water (may use vegetable broth)
1. Lightly brown oxtail pieces with EVOO in heated pot on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes
2. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes
3. Add carrot, celery, bay leaves, and thyme, stir well
4. Mix tomato paste with 2 tbsp water, until smooth, then add to the pot
5. Stir and mix ingredients, add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of filtered water as needed
6. Let the pot cook in slow cooker for 6 to 12 hours on lowest heat, till tender (meat fell of the bone); check it every now and then to prevent burning
7. Top with cilantro; add salt and pepper to taste (as needed)
Hope you like it =) Any thoughts? Comments are welcome.
Sharon MS, RD, LDN